Web AppBuilder Print to PDF in Chrome

01-08-2015 01:31 PM
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III

I have just placed my first app on our test server using the Web AppBuilder Dev Edition (1st full release, not beta) and went to print from the app.  Print looks good and I saved it to my desktop.  When I try to open the PDF I get an error, which is shown below.  I am using Google Chrome as my browser of choice.  I have noticed that if I try saving the PDF a second time it seems to work.

If I try using IE and do the exact same thing...print to PDF, save to desktop, the PDF opens fine.

Is there a reason saving the PDF from Chrome is a little 'off'...?

Capture.JPG

7 Replies
MatthewMcLamb2
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue. Does not save and open correctly when using Chrome, but it works perfectly in IE.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Strange, it works fine for me using Chrome Version 40.0.2214.115 m

I am using my own servers print service though.

0 Kudos
MatthewMcLamb2
New Contributor II

That is strange. I am using the same version of Chrome as well as my own print service. I am using 10.2.1 - the only other variable I can think of at the moment.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

I am running 10.2.2 but it is more likely that the difference has to do with the content that is being printed. Have you tried to print a simple WAB map that only has one of the public AGOL basemaps?

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

Mathew,

I have the same issue with chrome and I am using 10.2.1 and my own print service. I changed the default to jpg for my users and it works every time. It would be nice to have PDF be the default but for now that will have to do.

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Same as Robert.  Works in Chrome but using my own service.  Maybe there is an issue with the default service...or the reference to it?

[edit]: I am using 10.2.2

0 Kudos
DivyamGulati2
New Contributor II

Chrome, or any other browser works by creating cache when it loads the pdf for the first time and then calls that cache for every refresh. However chrome 39+ is hitting a BUG, where it is unable to load cache for pdf.js files. This has been discussed in-

https://github.com/mozilla/pdf.js/issues/5512

https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src.git/+/439a05cd87fe1f880b896bd7b154454299355899%5E%21/

Not entirely sure if this what you are encountering but you can confirm this by installing a Chrome utility app called 'Cache Killer'. It can be manually set to ON/OFF to clear cache every time you reload a page.

0 Kudos