Web AppBuilder pop up issue resolved?

Jump to solution
08-13-2015 06:11 AM
ChrisMathers
Occasional Contributor III

Is the issue people have been having with popups not working (I had it at the last two versions) still there in WAB 1.2? Id like to tweak the base code before importing the maps from WAB 1.1 instead of having to do each one individually like I did with the first batch I imported when I moved to WAB 1.1.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SebastianRoberts

Well, I can say that I've tested with layers that were turned off on initial load, and are then subsequently turned on.  At 1.1, the popup didn't appear for any layer that was not turned on initially.  Now at 1.2 I can toggle layers on and off and the popups behave as expected.  I haven't tested with layers that have scale ranges different than the basemap.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

Can you be more specific on which issue you are referring to?  Is there a bug number associated with the issue?

0 Kudos
ChrisMathers

I do not know the bug number but in Re: Identify Features​, Julia Guard says the bug is known and had been assigned. The tweaks in that and another post work just fine but I wanted to check before I made them.

edit: Were on AGS 10.2.2 with 10.1 enterprise GDBs if it matters any. I know one person said they had no issues if they uploaded their data to AGOL instead of self hosting.

0 Kudos
SebastianRoberts

Chris,

I think you are talking about BUG-000084319.

"The pop-up menus from the ArcGIS for Server services layers in Web

AppBuilder persist when either the layer or the service is unchecked

from the table of contents"

I've downloaded the WAB version 1.2, and this bug seems to be fixed.

Unfortunately, the following bug has not been fixed:

BUG-000087423The Attribute Table widget does not update when changes are made in the

Layer List widget using secured services in a Web AppBuilder application

0 Kudos
ChrisMathers

Possibly. In my case though I was not getting popups on any layer that isnt visible when the app is launched including layers that are on but have a scale range set to below the initial extent. Id to a test but I'm fighting a database issue at the moment.

0 Kudos
SebastianRoberts

Well, I can say that I've tested with layers that were turned off on initial load, and are then subsequently turned on.  At 1.1, the popup didn't appear for any layer that was not turned on initially.  Now at 1.2 I can toggle layers on and off and the popups behave as expected.  I haven't tested with layers that have scale ranges different than the basemap.

ChrisMathers

I just looked in the 10.3.1 issues pdf and I was thinking of BUG-000082586: "Pop-ups do not work in Web AppBuilder for layers that are turned off in the webmap when the application is published." Ill assume its fixed then.

0 Kudos