Web AppBuilder online vs Developer Version

Jump to solution
01-07-2016 10:39 AM
QaziIqbal
New Contributor III

I have been working on Web AppBuilder for a while now. There are two ways to create the application using Web AppBuilder.

1. Web AppBuilder Online - For this we do not need anything to download

2. Web AppBuilder for Developers - Which requires to download the Developer package and create the application modify it locally and host it through your web server.

We have an enterprise arcgis online account and I have developed some custom themes and custom widgets using WAB for Developers version.

My question is that is there a way that I can incorporate these custom themes and widgets in the online version on Web AppBuilder.

By have this capability, the other members of our team can create applications using the online version of WAB using the custom themes and custom widgets also.

Please feel free to ask more clarification if my question is not clear.

Thanks

Qazi Iqbal

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
QaziIqbal
New Contributor III

That is what I thought. I am a developer and other people will be creating applications using the custom theme and custom widgets. In this case I will have to copy the whole developer package with new theme and widgets on their computer and teach them how to create from there.

I wish there was a way were we could incorporate our themes and widgets in our online account so that people did not have to work with developer package.

May be it will happen sometime in future.

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your quick response.

Qazi Iqbal

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Qazi,

Unfortunately custom themes and widget can only be used in WAB Developer and can not be uploadede to AGOL WAB version.

QaziIqbal
New Contributor III

That is what I thought. I am a developer and other people will be creating applications using the custom theme and custom widgets. In this case I will have to copy the whole developer package with new theme and widgets on their computer and teach them how to create from there.

I wish there was a way were we could incorporate our themes and widgets in our online account so that people did not have to work with developer package.

May be it will happen sometime in future.

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your quick response.

Qazi Iqbal

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Qazi,

I just wanted to check and make sure you know you marked your reply as the correct answer.

0 Kudos