Web AppBuilder legend widget - remove layer from legend?

11-17-2015 02:59 PM
LeeBrannon
New Contributor III

It appears to me that the legend widget in Web AppBuilder (non-developer version) does not honor the Hide In Legend layer setting in the source ArcGIS.com map.  In my application I want a couple of layers to show in the legend, but not all of them.  I'm guessing this is not possible.  Is there any known workaround?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AravindStoryMaps
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Lee,

I was able to create an ArcGIS Online webmap with two layers in it. I chose "Hide in Legend" setting on one layer and chose to apply the other layer to show in legend. When i created a new web app, i was able to get only one layer to show in the legend widget in web appbuilder. I am not sure where you are getting it wrong. Is it possible for you to give me the workflow of your steps?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

The issue is sub-layers in a ArcGISDynaicMapserviceLayer do not respect the hide in Legend setting.

LeeBrannon
New Contributor III

Yes, I see the problem now.  Thanks Robert for pointing out the issue of mapservice sublayers - that is my problem.  I'll have to create another mapservice for those layers I do not want to show in the legend in Web AppBuilder.

Much thanks to all whom replied.

0 Kudos