Web AppBuilder Deploying to Website

Jump to solution
10-04-2017 02:06 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have created a Web AppBuilder through ArcGIS Online. I then log onto the Web AppBuilder for Developers and download the zipfile. I unzip the file and place the contents on my server. When I go to the URL, all i get is the loading screen that never goes away. See below.

I tried following the instructions here. Deploy your app—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

Step 4 is adding a proxy. Everything in my web app will be public, is it still necessary to do this?

Then it ask to register your app online. I tried to doing this, but i think im getting messed up on the URIs. I entered https://[myserver]:port &  http://[myserver]:port, but i still got the loading screen.

This is my first time hosting a web appbuilder and any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I changed more_normal.svg and more_hover.svg to .pngs within the Widget.js within LayerList folder within the Widget folder. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

And your app worked fine with that change before you moved it to the production server?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, everything on the test server loads up fine and works the way it is intended. This is what is confusing me the most. I figure there must be some setting on our production server that is causing the issue?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Can you try deploying a vanilla (unchanged) WAB app to you production server and see if it works OK?

0 Kudos
ZaferDefne
New Contributor III

Could it be a Cross Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) issue, just because it works on the test server but not on the production server?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I checked on it the website today and everything loaded up fine on production. I wonder if had do with the server replicating. Thanks Robert for all your help.

0 Kudos