Web AppBuilder applications now asking for users to sign in?

Jump to solution
12-18-2014 07:29 AM
MattMcGuire
Occasional Contributor

The App and the Web Maps they are built on are both shared with "Everyone". Has anyone else had this problem?http://metrocouncil.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=388a0bff48224183b51cbd2570b03acf

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidBlanchard
Esri Contributor

This is a known issue, the ArcGIS Online team is working on a patch/update that will hopefully be applied in the coming weeks.

The current workaround is to allow anonymous access:

1. Log in to ArcGIS Online as an administrator
  2. Go to My Organization --> Edit Settings
  3. Under Security, check the "Allow anonymous access to your organization's website".

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DavidBlanchard
Esri Contributor

This is a known issue, the ArcGIS Online team is working on a patch/update that will hopefully be applied in the coming weeks.

The current workaround is to allow anonymous access:

1. Log in to ArcGIS Online as an administrator
  2. Go to My Organization --> Edit Settings
  3. Under Security, check the "Allow anonymous access to your organization's website".
MarkHuffman
New Contributor III

I have made this change to the settings, and the app is set to be shared with everyone, but an ArcGIS Online login is still required.

0 Kudos
MarkHuffman
New Contributor III

Never mind. I had to change the share setting on the web map the app is using to 'everyone.' Now working.

0 Kudos
DanHiggins
New Contributor II

YES. Very Annoying. Any update on the fix yet?

0 Kudos
DavidBlanchard
Esri Contributor

I believe it has been decided that allowing anonymous access was the intended workflow.

0 Kudos
DanHiggins
New Contributor II

How does it go from- "This is a known issue" to "the intended workflow" in three weeks?

0 Kudos
DavidBlanchard
Esri Contributor

Since I don't work in any of the teams involved, I'm unsure. I can only guess that they were reevaluating this change in the final release and decided it was the correct workflow.

0 Kudos
JaredGrondin
New Contributor III

Matt,

I do not work directly with the ArcGIS Online team; however, I believe that David's answer actually makes sense and fits with the sharing model in ArcGIS Online for all content.  You can share content at the following levels:  Not Shared, Group, Organization, Everyone.  The final level is what enables all ArcGIS Online users to see the content.  It is important to note that the 'Everyone' sharing level means that everyone with an ArcGIS Online account can see the content.

The final setting that David mentioned is to allow people to view your organization anonymously (no ArcGIS Online sign in required).  If you set this option then people will be able to visit your organization page and they will be able to view content that is shared with 'Everyone' without signing into ArcGIS Online.

I am glad that updating the setting allowed you to share content with everyone (including those without ArcGIS Online accounts).

Regards,

Jared G.