Select to view content in your preferred language

Web App changing all recently published or recently edited web app symbology to monochrome values

Jump to solution
07-25-2023 07:41 AM
Labels (2)
JennyRobertsAxelrod
New Contributor

Just recently, when I open a web map that's been published and use it in a web app, all the symbology changes to gray monochrome values. All points, lines and polygons. Lines become single thickness, all points become simple circles with different values of gray. All polygons become different values of gray. I am using ArcGIS Pro 3.1 to create the Web Map and it creates fine. I publish the Web Map and it looks great. But when i use the Web Map in a Web App using Web App Builder it changes to the monochrome. If I open a previously published Web App to edit it, it changes to monochrome. If i use instant apps it doesn't change to monochrome, but I can't add widgets. If I use Experience Builder to create/publish a web app thru Experience Builder it keeps the symbology but the Web App looks different based on the supplied template types. I need to be able to open previously published Web Apps, edit them and then republish without changes. This is causing a great deal of trouble. I have opted to "Use symbol types compatible with all clients" and have tried publishing from Map Viewer Classic as well. I have tried it publishing a Web Map, and publishing only feature services that I planned to add to the already published Web Map and then Web App. All continue to go to monochrome gray. It's as if, when you touch a previously published Web App created in Web App Builder, and save, it changes everything and you cannot go back.

16 Replies
CaitlinOlson
Occasional Contributor

^^THIS! Experience Builder is not at all the same app and is still extremely limited compared to WebApp Builder which makes it really hard to fully commit to right now since it doesn't meet the clients needs in a web app. Still super frustrated. 

StevenSGIS
Occasional Contributor

Bumping this - Have you figured out a solution to this for WebApp Builder?

I've tried building a "webapp" with Experience Builder, but it is soooooooooo slow.

0 Kudos
DianaPopp
Emerging Contributor

Hi Steven,

Experience Builder has a selection of templates that resemble WebApp Builder. To access these, open Experience Builder, click Create New, then click on the "WebAppBuilder classic" button to see a selection of templates. I recently used "Foldable" -- it was very helpful!

snip1.PNG

Good luck!

Diana

StevenSGIS
Occasional Contributor

Late reply.

I'll give this a go when I have the time to give Experience Builder another try!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RosalyneTaylor
Occasional Contributor

RosalyneTaylor_0-1711562115325.png

Here is my map from web builder.  I figured out that  I have to go the Web Appbuilder and edit the map from there and save the map.

This is how it look after I fixed some of the layer  

RosalyneTaylor_1-1711562937999.png

Hope this helps.  

0 Kudos
BryndaHatch
Esri Contributor

the trick is to check the box for "use symbol types compatible in all clients" in the Share Web Map dialog in Pro when you're saving the Web Map initially.  (see screenshot below, checkbox is at the bottom)

BryndaHatch_0-1718720956973.png

PeterWeiss
New Contributor

That little check mark saved my day. I also had all my symbols turned into grey scale colors for at a lot of layers in a Web AppBuilder app after overwriting the feature service from Pro 3.2 which was originally published in 2.9 (I think). 

Thanks 🙂