Web App Builder Print Widget BUG. Preserve Extent Will Distort Labels.

05-11-2017 12:05 PM
BrantCarman
Occasional Contributor

I have a custom Export Web Map Task that I call on with the Web App Builder Print Widget.  This works great for the most part, but I've recently discovered a bug.  Not sure if it's my custom print template or the widget, but here is what's going on:

When I go to use the print widget inside my web app, I like to go in to advanced settings and ask that the widget preserve the extent of the map, rather than the scale.  However, if labels happen to be enabled in my app, the resulting print will be completely useless due to the labels being distorted to the point that they obscure the entire map.  See attached map jpeg.

If I ask the widget to preserve scale rather than extent, there is no issues with label distortion.  I usually would much rather preserve the extent of the map, because preserving the scale ends up cutting out much of what I want to be seen in the map.  See other attached jpeg.  Both of the attached maps were created using exactly the same print widget settings, except one uses "preserve extent," and the other uses "preserve scale."

Has anybody else encountered this?  Is there a work around that would allow me to preserve extent and leave my labels enabled as well.  Can I have my cake and eat it too?

Thanks for any assistance!

5 Replies
BrantCarman
Occasional Contributor

Update:  It looks like the size of my labels is also related to the DPI that I set.  I like to up the DPI for better print quality.  The DPI is set at 300 for the prints that I originally attached.  It defaults to 96.  I would still consider this behavior to be a BUG, as the DPI does not effect the size of labels when you set the widget to "preserve map scale,"  only when you set the widget to "preserve extent."

0 Kudos
RobPurse1
New Contributor

Hi Brant,

We are getting exactly the same issue.  Did you ever resolve, or just use the workaround?

Cheers

0 Kudos
BrantCarman
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately this BUG is still present.  No work around, but I also never submitted this to ESRI support.  It may be worth submitting a ticket if you've got the time.  Sorry for the lack of good news.

RobPurse1
New Contributor

Thanks for getting back to me Brant.  I'll get it raised with support.

Cheers

0 Kudos
LaurenceAshworth1
New Contributor

Hi Rob / Brant,

Did you ever resolve this? We're finding the same issue at 10.7.1.

0 Kudos