Web app builder -help

03-25-2019 02:06 PM
KafilBaig
New Contributor III

Hey Robert,
Thanks for ur help. I would need more info from ur side on developing gis application . Please let me know suitable time to contact you and what would be the source .

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kafil,

Sorry I do not provide individual support like that.

0 Kudos
KafilBaig
New Contributor III

Thanks Robert 

i have installed arcgis 10.6.1 desktop ,server , Portal for ArcGIS .

i created mxd documents and published services .

Question 1) all of a sudden am unable to connect to arcgis server . Where I see that arcgis server service is stopped. I am trying to start but it is starting for 2 secs and putting the status to stopped . I see there is no errors in the event log . 

Question 2) I downloaded the web app builder 2.11 version . I have extracted the zipped folder . Then I try to run the startup.bat file it gives me error that no url found. 

Please let me know how do I specify the portal url.

I am able to open the web app builder from Portal for ArcGIS when I complete creation of maps and then do create web application through web app builder 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
  1. You should see some error(s) in your server log  (not event log) as to why the service failed to start. About server logs—ArcGIS Server Administration (Windows) | ArcGIS Enterprise 
  2. You specify your portal url as cover in this start up guide in the help section. Get started—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 
0 Kudos
KafilBaig
New Contributor III

To specify the url it says we need to have account of arcgis free trail or arcgis developer program.

I am trying to do this on a machine where internet is not available .

Can’t we use web app builder offline with out internet connection connected to arcgis portal

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kafil,

I am not familiar with setting up WAB to work with only a local Portal in a disconnected from internet environment.

0 Kudos
KafilBaig
New Contributor III

The Arcgis Server (Windows Service) not starting. We cant see the logs as

we are unable to login to Arcgis Server Manager.

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 4:44 PM Robert Scheitlin, GISP <geonet@esri.com>

0 Kudos