Web App Builder - Edits won't save

06-29-2021 09:21 AM
AndrewVan_Wychen1
New Contributor

Has anyone experienced issues with saving changes made on a web app? I have one that if I make a change the application doesn't recognize anything was changed so the option to save stays greyed out (Inactive). I have tried other applications and haven't seen the issue anywhere else and this app was working the last time I was working on it. 

0 Kudos
19 Replies
AndrewVanwychen
New Contributor II

Resizing the screen allowed me to update/save. That's certainly not an ideal or long term solution but at the time (needing to make updates in time for meeting later that day) it did the job.

I had to resize the screen to about 1/4 of normal size, odd workaround and I don't understand why it would matter but it did work for me. 

KristalWalsh
Occasional Contributor II

I certainly did not resize my browser to that extent. So if there's a next time, and I'm sure there will be, I'll remember that. Thank you! 

Kristal Walsh, Florida Fish and Wildlife
Office of Conservation Planning
0 Kudos
MollyJordan
New Contributor II

Has anyone else found a patch or new version of WAB fixed this saving issue? I have also had this issue... I was able to work around by resizing my window(like some folks mentioned above.

But It did coincided with another issue I have... twice now it has happened when I entered an application(View or Edit) it scrambles the app and now the splash screen is the same as a different app and the widgets are not the same anymore... anyone had this experience? 

Thanks,

Molly

0 Kudos
NathanHeickLACSD
Occasional Contributor III

Not me Molly.

0 Kudos
AndrewVanwychen
New Contributor II

I haven't had that. I did go in to make some edits on the app I had that was having the saving issue and noticed that all theme customization and widgets were reset to default. 

0 Kudos
MollyJordan
New Contributor II

So, now that you mention it... these were our default settings for this app. We started with a base model from a previous app we had created. So I think we are having the same issue.

Did you find a fix or resolution for this problem of the app resetting to defaults? 

0 Kudos
AndrewVanwychen
New Contributor II

Interesting. I didn't bother looking into it, the app was pretty simple so I just made the couple quick changes and saved it, which no works. My guess would be ESRI made an update that solved the saving issue, but also cleared customizations to the affected apps.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Here's a related post with some workarounds that may work: Web AppBuilder stops allowing you to save configur... - Esri Community

A workaround that suggested: when resetting/changing the theme of the application all widgets are cleared, and the save option returns. Note that some of the themes are more compatible when switched than other.

0 Kudos
JohnCodd
New Contributor III

Hi Alix:  I would like to change the Theme of my ArcGIS Web AppBuilder App (Not Dev) but I run into the same issue where all the widgets are settings will not migrate to the other Themes.  Can Esri help me with this?  Thank you!

John Codd
0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, some themes are not fully compatible and cannot be interchanged without having to reconfigure some of the widgets. There is nothing that can be done right now to get around this limitation. If you would like more customizable themes and layouts, I would recommend looking into ArcGIS Experience Builder.

0 Kudos