Web App Builder - Editing time in date field fails

Jump to solution
04-28-2015 11:09 AM
KarstenRank
Occasional Contributor III

Hi there,

i had added an DATE field to my layer in AGOL. If I want to edt the date value in an app, I can only change the date value. It is not possible to change or add/edit time in a Web App. I get no TIME field like in the Map viewer.

If I edit the DATE field in the Map viewer, I get two fields one for DATE and one for TIME.

Can someone help me?

Thanks,

Karsten

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Karsten,

I don't believe that editing the time portion of the date field is currently supported in WAB. You should call tech support and log an enhancement request.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Karsten,

I don't believe that editing the time portion of the date field is currently supported in WAB. You should call tech support and log an enhancement request.

KarstenRank

Thank you Robert!

I worte to the Technical Support. I hope it will come soon.

0 Kudos
ToddHenry1
Occasional Contributor

This is a big issue for us.  If our users are in the Eastern Time Zone and enter date, our SQL database stores the time value as 5 AM of the day they entered which I believe is 5 AM UTC.  If a user in the Pacific time zone views a pop-up with that information it will show the day before because that translates to 9 PM PST time on the previous day.

Does anyone have a status on this fix.

0 Kudos
RachelS

Is it still the case a year on that time cannot be added to the date field in web appbuilder?

0 Kudos
KarstenRank

Hi,

in WAB for developer 2.1 it is now possible to edit the date and the time.

Karsten