Web App Builder changes web map symbology randomly on it's own and I can not change it back.

1334
3
03-07-2022 12:17 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi.  I'm new to Webapp Builder.  I have searched for this issue and haven't been able to find any posting about anything like this.   

I crated a map in ArcGIS Pro with the following layers:

Layer 1:  a point layer symbolizing locations with a single symbol for each all points.

Layer 2. a polygon layer that symbolizes service areas for each of the points in layer 1.  Each polygon has unique symbology.

 

I uploaded each layer as a web layer.  I then went on AGOL and created a web map. Every thing looked as it should.  When I created a web app using the web map as the source, it was fine until after a few minutes it automatically changed the symbology in the web app, for the polygon, to a single teal blue color.  As far as I can tell, the web map and layer definitions have not changed.  The "new" symbology only appears in the web app.  I've redone these steps 3 times and get the same result each time.  When I first create the webapp it appears like it should, but with in a few minutes of adding a widget, it will change the symbology.

 

Why does it do this and how do I keep it from happening.

3 Replies
BrianLeroux
Occasional Contributor III

The teal color you speak of sounds like it might be the typical selection color. Are you adding a widget that might be selecting the features of your layers?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Um, that's a good questions. I had not thought of that.   The only widgets that I added were the Bookmarks widget (which can not seem to load the bookmarks I set up) and the Driving distance widget.  I tried "unselecting" everything on the map and it did not change.  I can select the points and polygons independently and i get the standard teal outline selection.  I removed the added widgets and it didn't change anything.

 

 

0 Kudos
BrianLeroux
Occasional Contributor III

That's a tricky one then. I would start a new web app and slowly build and test at every step to see if you can isolate the cause. I would build the web app with the basic defaults on. test and open that a few times to see if the symbology changes. If all good make a single change in the map and test again. Rinse and repeat until the problem reappears.

0 Kudos