Web app builder App ID

04-27-2015 01:14 PM
JssrRR
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I have downloaded the Web App Builder developer's edition to my machine, installed Node.js etc.,  I had a question, Can I use the same machine to register and work on web appbuilder apps  on 2 different ArcGIS organization accounts, as long as I am signed in to the one I want to create an application? it says the in the application dialog, for URL,  http://[yourmachinename]:3344/webappbuilder.

Will the same machine name work to register and get web app builder app ID on 2 different ArcGIS accounts?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

My guess is yes, but you probably will want to have two WAB folders set up, one for each.  then depending on the folder you start WAB from, that will determine which AGOL account it grabs.  I haven't tested it, but I would think it would work.  Because they would both use the nodejs, unless you manipulate that to use different ports, you would only be able to edit/run one of thw WAB's at a time.

Although looking at it the oposite way, I know you can use multiple machines to work off the same AGOL account.  I have that noted Tips and Observations for getting Web AppBuilder -  Developer Edition Installed

If you find what I said above (or some variation of it) I'll add the info to this doc.

JssrRR
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Rebecca,

I did refer to your blog and saw that you can register multiple machines to work on an AGOL account, will try to follow the different WAB folders for each one and see if that works.

Thanks.

0 Kudos