WABde 2.6 wont start...

11-12-2017 03:19 AM
ErikLanhammar
Esri Contributor

Hello,

So Im trying to run wabde 2.6 on my local machine but I get an error message re body-parser deprecated...

Some googling suggested using below...

app.use(bodyParser.urlencoded({  extended: true}));

...before calls to app.use(bodyParser....) in server.js .

Tried it but without success. Any ideas how to solve this?

Rgds,

/Erik

Starting node from commando prompt:

C:\Archive\ESRI\wabde\wabde26_oktober download\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\server>node_x64.exe server.js -port=3344
body-parser deprecated bodyParser: use individual json/urlencoded middlewares server.js:206:11
body-parser deprecated undefined extended: provide extended option node_modules\body-parser\index.js:105:29
Server listening tcp connection on port 3344 in development mode
[2017-11-12 11:50:26.670] [INFO] repo - Read repository items: C:\Archive\ESRI\wabde\wabde26_oktober download\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\client\stemapp\widgets
events.js:141
throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
^

Error: listen EACCES 0.0.0.0:3344
at Object.exports._errnoException (util.js:873:11)
at exports._exceptionWithHostPort (util.js:896:20)
at Server._listen2 (net.js:1237:19)
at listen (net.js:1286:10)
at Server.listen (net.js:1382:5)
at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Archive\ESRI\wabde\wabde26_oktober download\WebAppBuilderForArcGIS\server\server.js:115:23)
at Module._compile (module.js:409:26)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:416:10)
at Module.load (module.js:343:32)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:300:12)

0 Kudos
14 Replies
ErikLanhammar
Esri Contributor

Robert,

Putting wab in c:\26\ render the same result.  Could this have something todo

with the default port 3344? I read somewhere that the user running node, in this case me I guess, cannot allocate port numbers below a certain number. So I increased to 33344 and wab started, I also changed the port in the URL in the AGOL application wabde I have registered, but now I get bad redirect url...

/E

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Erik,

So it sounds like something else on your machine is using port 3344. Did you go back and register the new port number with AGOL noe that you changed it?

0 Kudos
ErikLanhammar
Esri Contributor

Hm, various netstat combos did not indicate this. But as you say, I havent re-registered the application with urls http and https, just changed it on the existing application. Lets try... nope... I will try some other things and get back with my findings.

Thanks Robert!

/E

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Erik,

did you change the port number in the startup.bat file? I have done this in the past to run two different version of WAB simotaniously.

0 Kudos
ErikLanhammar
Esri Contributor

Yes, I changed port to 33344 in startup.bat

Mvh,

/Erik

0 Kudos