WAB Smart editor claiming "No appropriate layer available"

03-22-2022 09:57 AM
Sil_
by
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to configure a smart editor but when I try to set a preset value (under Attribute actions) it says "There is no appropriate layer available in the map for this data type". 

Sil__0-1647967954547.png

My one layer and all its fields are showing as editable when I click Configure fields under Layer settings, so I do not understand why it says there is no appropriate layer available. It says the same no matter what Data type I choose.

What am I missing here? I am using WAB in AGOL.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Sil_ ,

In the top-right of the window, if you change the Data Type to anything other that "date", do you get layer and field options? Are there any Date fields in your layers?

0 Kudos
Sil_
by
New Contributor III

Hi and thank you for the swift reply. It does not change when I change the data type, it still claims there is no appropriate layer available. I have a Date field in the layer, yes. I have multiple String fields and they do not show up either. 

I did see all the fields earlier today but when I deleted the Smart edit widget to reconfigure it from scratch it started saying there was no appropriate layer available. The only thing I did in the meantime was to change the feature service label by changing it in the editing template in Map viewer classic. Could this have affected it? I only changed the name of the label.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@Sil_ would you be able to share your app, map, and layers with me via a Group so I can take a look? My username is AlixSolutions.

0 Kudos
Sil_
by
New Contributor III

I have done that now @AlixVezina Thanks again!

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@Sil_ It appears there may be an issue with the feature layer itself, I am seeing a Data Error. It may have become corrupt somehow. Did you have any data in this service? You could attempt recreating it. If that is not an option, I would recommend contacting Esri Support directly to see if this can be fixed.

AlixVezina_0-1647973545544.png

AlixVezina_1-1647973658565.png

0 Kudos
Sil_
by
New Contributor III

Could you be getting the access fail message be because the feature layer is set to hide all features from editors? I have changed it to "Editors can see all features", would you mind checking again? Thanks again.

Sil__0-1647974209863.png

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Good catch, I can see the features now. It is bizarre that this shows a data error though.
I'm also able to see the layer options now.

AlixVezina_0-1647974577370.png

Is "Editors can see all features" the only change you have last made to this feature layer?

0 Kudos
Sil_
by
New Contributor III

Oh, I can see the layer options too now! 

Yes, the "Editors can see all features" is the only change I've made on this layer since I created this post. But that cannot be a prerequisite for setting preset values?

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

You are correct this should not affect creating presets. I will need to look into this more closely and will get back to you when I know more.

0 Kudos