WAB NearMe Widget: cannot enable routing

11-18-2016 11:38 AM
KenGorton
Esri Contributor

How do I enable directions (routing) in the WAB NearMe widget?

I'm helping a client set up a WAB app with the NearMe widget and he needs to including directions (routing) to the items in the results list.

The doc for the widget says:

Routing is enabled and disabled in the application settings of the ArcGIS Online item page of the map used by the widget. If you see the message To enable directions, ensure that routing is enabled in the ArcGIS Online item on the Directions tab and you want to enable directions, go to Application Settings on the items detail page of the map you are using, recheck the routing application setting, and save the map.

The map has routing enabled:

and yet directions are still not configurable in the widget:

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
LindsayThomas
Esri Contributor

Hi Ken, 

Can you please try the following:

1. Disable the routing parameter then save the item

2. Re-enable the routing parameter then save the item

3. Open the WAB application in edit mode and see if the page has updated

-Lindsay 

Pietervan_Jaarsveld
New Contributor

Hi Lindsey,

I have the exact same issue as Ken above... sitting in Portal WAB with a local routing and geocoding service.  Portal Item (my web map) has been enabled for Routing and still I receive the same issue.  Tried your suggestion but problem persist.  I even tried the WAB Dev edition with the same results.  Any ideas that might resolve my issue?

Thanks Pieter

0 Kudos
LindsayThomas
Esri Contributor

Hi Pieter, 

I was on leave for some time and didn't see this updated question until now. I realize reply is quite late but were you able to resolve this issue?

If not, what version of WAB and portal are you experiencing this issue on? 

-Lindsay

0 Kudos
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

I had the exact problem as described by the first post and your solution fixed it immediately.  Thanks! directions nearme #widget

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
MichaelFazio2
New Contributor II

Anybody ever solve this problem?

0 Kudos
LindsayThomas
Esri Contributor

Hi Michael, 

Can you describe the workflow\issue you are having will Near Me and enabling with routing? 

(also, any versioning information would be helpful if you are using installed software)

-Lindsay

0 Kudos
MichaelFazio2
New Contributor II

I was able to solve the problem after a few times of trying the recommended steps above. Thanks!