WAB: How can I add website login/signup authentication to WAB site?

Jump to solution
01-04-2018 06:38 AM
FrancescoTonini2
Occasional Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I am using WAB Dev Edition and its templates to customize my own web app. I am trying to add a user signup/login component to my web app, and I would like to store that information (username and pwd) in my own DB. Since WAB is based off JS API 3.x and dojo, could anyone please help me understand how I should go about adding this piece to my web app, so that all components work with the existing template and ESRI's framework?

1 Solution
5 Replies
FrancescoTonini2

Thanks Robert!

Are you recommending a .Net overarching authentication app because that integrates best with WAB-based apps (JS, dojo framework) vs. other routes like using web frameworks like Express + Node? Of course using the MEAN bundle is much easier when starting from scratch, not when having the pre-made structure and libraries included with WAB, hence why my question for curiosity only... 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Francesco,

The .Net wrapper approach is the only one I have ever used so I don't have any input on Express + Node.

0 Kudos
FrancescoTonini2

I see, no worries. Would you consider the following as good resources for everyone (like me) to start looking into?

RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Yep those are good links

0 Kudos