WAB Edit Application: adding editors

02-18-2016 06:36 AM
DakotaCasserly
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have a web app hosted within our orgianizational AGOL account that I created.  How do I give another user access to edit the web app?  Currently, this user's role within the organizational account is set as Publisher.

Thanks and I look forward to your response.

DC

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

If you are an administrator on your AGOL account, then you can change the owner of this map or application.

Click on the item in your My Content in AGOL and then there should be a Change Owner button where you can select which person to give it to.

0 Kudos
DakotaCasserly
New Contributor II

Hey there Adrian,

Thanks for your response.  I do have admin privileges.  However, I would to retain ownership of the web app.  Can I give another user edit access to a web app without switching ownership?  I could imagine customizing a role for this user with admin priv to this web app or Group, haven't checked into this yet.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

I remember seeing something where you could do this with a web map (though I can't find the article now) but I do not believe this can happen for a web app, unfortunately. This would be nice though.

0 Kudos
DakotaCasserly
New Contributor II

Copy that.  Sharing a web map with a user who is a publisher permits the user to edit the web map.

Let's see if any one else has some insight

https://community.esri.com/thread/114077

- this is helpful from the developer side

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Nice find! I will be bookmarking that for later!

0 Kudos