Select to view content in your preferred language

WAB Dev Edition deployment... fail.

Jump to solution
10-22-2015 12:05 PM
RoyceSimpson
Frequent Contributor

I've got the latest WAB Dev Edition on my local pc.  I've created an app that consumes this web map.  The web map is fully open/public but only has two layers, which are secured within our on premises AGS using Windows AD authentication. 

When I edit the WAB app and or launch it within my local dev env, everything works great.  The app comes up, I authenticate against our AD and I get right in and can start editing those layers.

When I deploy the app to our external facing web server, the app hangs upon loading.

I have a second, none editable WAB app deployed on that same web server. It works just fine​.

I'm assuming the issue is with those editable/secured layers.  I've gotten esri feedback that I need to go the "proxy server" route but that doesn't make sense.  I don't want my users to bypass our AD security. I want them to have to authenticate against those AGS layers.  There is no AGOL login/named user needed as this map is public.  Perhaps I don't understand the concept of the proxy server.

Thoughts?

-Royce

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Royce,

Not quite that complicated. Just change the proxy url when you copy the config.json over to the production web server.

0 Kudos
RoyceSimpson
Frequent Contributor

Gotcha, that's not too painful.  Thanks for the help!!!

0 Kudos