Upgrade Web AppBuilder (Dev Edition)

Jump to solution
09-13-2016 01:06 PM
MelissaKnott
New Contributor

I am currently running WAB version 1.4 and would like to upgrade to version 2.1. I have my installation of WAB running on a server and registered with my Portal. What is the process to upgrade my existing installation to version 2.1? So far all I can find are installation instructions written in the context of doing a brand new install. Thank you.

0 Kudos
28 Replies
MelissaKnott
New Contributor

I couldn't even find the original install directory on the server so I guess there's no uninstalling first. I'll see if I can import the existing apps, if not I'm not worried. The apps we have would be quick and easy to build again. I ran the startup.bat and connected to my Portal but received a 400 error when it asked for the AppID. I was able to get in anyway so I think I'm good! Thank you!

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Melissa,

In order to upgrade existing apps you would have to know the old install location, so it is a good thing you are not concerned re-creating the apps.

0 Kudos
MelissaKnott
New Contributor

I eventually found the location. We have WAB set to run as a Windows service, I was able to find the location through the current service. Stopped the service, uninstalled the old service, installed new and everything looks good. I could import the old apps yet if I need to. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
RVG296
by
Occasional Contributor

Robert Scheitlin, GISP‌ 

This might be a small fix. But I get this error when I use the syntax mentioned in the website for upgrading the apps

Upgrade apps—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers 

Not sure what I am missing here.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rohit,

Because you have folder with space in their names you have to wrap the whole path in quotes.

0 Kudos
RVG296
by
Occasional Contributor

I changed the path and enclosed the arcgis older wab in quotes. Is this the correct way?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rohit,

That path you have in quotes now, does it have the client, server, docs, folders directly inside it or is there another sub folder?

0 Kudos
RVG296
by
Occasional Contributor

There is a subfolder that is default provided while extraction. Here is my folder structure.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Then you need "WebAppBuilderForArcGIS" in your path too

0 Kudos
RVG296
by
Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately that didn't work either for me.

0 Kudos