Upgrade Web AppBuilder (Dev Edition)

Jump to solution
09-13-2016 01:06 PM
MelissaKnott
New Contributor

I am currently running WAB version 1.4 and would like to upgrade to version 2.1. I have my installation of WAB running on a server and registered with my Portal. What is the process to upgrade my existing installation to version 2.1? So far all I can find are installation instructions written in the context of doing a brand new install. Thank you.

0 Kudos
28 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rohit,

So again.

That path you have in quotes now, does it have the client, server, docs, folders directly inside it or is there another sub folder?

0 Kudos
RVG296
by
Occasional Contributor

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

Yes, it has everything. Its the same folder structure for both 2.12 and 2.14.

Below are all the 3 folder structures.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rohit,

Try your last path minus the last \

0 Kudos
RVG296
by
Occasional Contributor

Robert, 

Ok this time its a new error.

Earlier I had a widget called Printplus widget and now I deleted it from the app since I am not using it.

Did this by chance mess up my config.json file which might me causing this issue.

So is that something causing this issue?

0 Kudos
RVG296
by
Occasional Contributor

I even tried downloading the app and importing it in the New WebApp Builder Version 2.14. But that didnt work either. It says failed to update.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Are you saying you deleted the whole PrintPlus folder from the widgets folder?

0 Kudos
RVG296
by
Occasional Contributor

Yes exactly. That's what I did. But I assume once I published for testing, the config.json would have been modified due to that.

Directly deleting the widget would have caused some reference errors. Is that the issue you think?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Yes. You should have removed the widget from each app that referenced it in WAB dev widget page and saved those apps then their configs would no longer reference it. Then it would have been safe to delete the widget from the file system, but really there was no point in going that far.

0 Kudos
RVG296
by
Occasional Contributor

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

Thanks for letting me know about that Robert. 

In the future what would you suggest to be the best practice for deleting widgets once the testing is completed? Is it directly through the web app builder dev launcher console?

http://machinename.domainname:3344/webappbuilder  from here or from the widgets folder??

In addition, if we have one of our apps inside 2.14 version now and later 2.15 or 2.16 version comes in, do you suggest to upgrade the apps through the command line mentioned above or is it by importing these apps to the new web-app builder developer edition console? 

0 Kudos