Unable to add more than one Situational Awareness Widget to Web AppBuilder

04-14-2016 09:16 AM
RobbieBagby
New Contributor III

I have about 60 layers I would like to use in different themed instances of the Situational Awareness widget but Web AppBuilder will only let me add it once. I don't want to put all of these layers in one widget. I would like to group the layers into different themes which would end up being about 13 different instances of the Situational Awareness widget with different icons for each theme. Does anyone know if it is possible with Developer Editional or some other method to add more than one instance of this widget to Web AppBuilder?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobbieBagby
New Contributor III

It looks like I'll need to import the app into Developer Edition and host it on my own server since I'll have to modify the widget's manifest.json file for the supportMultiInstance attribute and change it from false to true. Then I should be able to add multiple instances of the Situational Awareness widget.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Robbie,

Except there is likely a reason that it is set to not supportMultiInstance.

0 Kudos
RobbieBagby
New Contributor III

You are right. I added a few instances of the widget but the app will only let me open one of them. If I try to open a different instance, that instance of the widget fails. I'm not sure what the reason is for this but do you have any suggestions for a work around? Thanks Robert.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Robbie,

I don't have any, Some widgets are just developer to be single instance widgets.

0 Kudos