Trace downstream and upstream

Jump to solution
12-19-2015 05:13 AM
GISiste
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone,

When I use the geotraitement widget in web appbuilder for ArcGIS developper edition I get this error. ERROR.PNG

For the widget configuration, I have added a GP Service. This GP Service is for Downstream and Upstream tasks applied to a geometric network.

Can anyone help me about this ?

Thank you

I'm using:

ArcGIS for Server 10.3

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS developper edition 1.3

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GISiste
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone,

well, the issue was resolved. It was a system projection problem. In fact, in the model builder of Trace, I had to set both of flags and the geometric network in the same projected system.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Abdelhakim,

The geoprocessing widget is a tough one to diagnose issue for because people could have incorrectly configured the widget, or the GP toll is not properly prepared to run for ArcGIS Server (just because it runs in ArcMap does not mean that it is ready to run for ArcGIS Server). Geometric networks add an additional level of complexity to the whole matter. Is there more details you can provide like, have to checked your browsers web console and seen what errors are reported there?

GISiste
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Mr. Robert for your response.

This is a screen shot of my browser web console

error.PNG

As you can see, everything seems fine and the the geotraitement widget was created.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Abdelhakim,

So next you need to check your server logs to see why the GP failed then.

GISiste
Occasional Contributor

Mr. Robert, I have checked my server logs (screen shot belwo)

error.PNG

I think it's a barriers issue.

I have left barriers as optional when configuring the widget !

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Abdelhakim,

Sorry I am a bit out of my experience area here. Hopefully you can figure it out from here now that you know what the issue stems from.

0 Kudos
GISiste
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Mr. Robert.

I searched about the issue and it maybe related to the geometric network (when published the geometric network doesn't conserve its structure and the tool cannot be executed).

Now I think It's about how publishing the geometric network and conserving its structure.

0 Kudos
GISiste
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone,

well, the issue was resolved. It was a system projection problem. In fact, in the model builder of Trace, I had to set both of flags and the geometric network in the same projected system.