.tpkx tile package - won't work as basemap

Jump to solution
01-30-2019 07:46 AM
DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

I created a .tpkx file of some aerial photography using ArcGIS Pro 2.3.  I chose the option .tpkx instead of .tpk as it looked like it might perform better based on the help menu explanation.  I uploaded the .tpkx package to arcgis.com, and had it create a tile layer from it.

When I add the tile layer (projected to web mercator) to an arcgis.com map it will display just fine.  However, if I move it to become the basemap layer of the map, then try using the map in the basemap widget of Web AppBuilder, it either does not display the map, or when I open the Arcgis.com map again, it says it is not a supported file type for basemaps.

I have used this same process before with the regular .tpk file.  I am guessing the .tpkx file isn't supported then?  I have searched ESRI help menus and all I can find about a .tpkx file is this:

• tpkx The tiles are stored using CompactV2 storage format which provides better performance on network shares and cloudstore directories. This improved and simplified package structure type is supported by newer versions of the ArcGIS Platform such as ArcGIS Online 7.1, ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7 and ArcGIS Runtime 100.5.

Any suggestions?  I am running it again as a normal .tpk file but it will take several hours to complete.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Dan,

The updated tile package version was released with ArcGIS Pro 2.3 and support for it in the rest of the Esri platform will roll out this year.

Mark  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanAllen

I did notice that my REST service page says Current Version 10.61, and the help documents say 10.7, so perhaps this is this issue?

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Dan,

The updated tile package version was released with ArcGIS Pro 2.3 and support for it in the rest of the Esri platform will roll out this year.

Mark  

0 Kudos
DanAllen

Thanks for clarifying.  I will stop trying to figure out why I can't get it to work.

It also appeared as though the TPKX file created 24 zoom layers, even though i specified 21 in the arcpro 2.3 tool used to generate the package.  

0 Kudos