Title covered up by search bar

Jump to solution
03-10-2016 09:21 AM
TylerDunn2
Occasional Contributor

Not sure why this is happening. Might be because the logo is large, but I've dug into the themes and configs and cant figure out a fix for the life of me. I've attached an image. Anyone have any suggestions? Title is supposed to be "City Development".TitleIssue.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

More specifically adjust the bolded numbers in the snippet of the resize function below:

// Total width of the content in the header

var contentWidth = boxSizes.logoBox.w + boxSizes.titleBox.w + boxSizes.subTitleBox.w +

20 + boxSizes.searchWidgetBox.w + boxSizes.LinksIconBox.w;

if(15 + contentWidth + offsetRight < winBox.w) {  // enough space to show everything

this.domNode.style.width = contentWidth + 'px';

var paddingLeft = 20;

if(boxSizes.titleBox.w + boxSizes.subTitleBox.w === 0){

paddingLeft = 15;

}

if(searchWidget) {

if(window.isRTL){

searchWidget.domNode.style.right = boxSizes.logoBox.w +

boxSizes.titleBox.w + boxSizes.subTitleBox.w + 15 + paddingLeft + 'px';

}else{

searchWidget.domNode.style.left = boxSizes.logoBox.w +

}

}

View solution in original post

7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tyler,

Because you are using a logo that is wider than programmed for, you will have to modify the Launch Pads header widgets resize function to accommodate this larger width logo.

0 Kudos
TylerDunn2
Occasional Contributor

Yeah I figured it had to do with the resize function, I just wasn't sure where to find it. I guessed it's somewhere in the "themes" folder, but I searched for a while and couldn't lock it down.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tyler,

Not sure if you are still asking exactly where to find the file but here is its location:

[app instal]\server\apps\[app#]\themes\LaunchpadTheme\widgets\Header\Widget.js

then the resize function.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

More specifically adjust the bolded numbers in the snippet of the resize function below:

// Total width of the content in the header

var contentWidth = boxSizes.logoBox.w + boxSizes.titleBox.w + boxSizes.subTitleBox.w +

20 + boxSizes.searchWidgetBox.w + boxSizes.LinksIconBox.w;

if(15 + contentWidth + offsetRight < winBox.w) {  // enough space to show everything

this.domNode.style.width = contentWidth + 'px';

var paddingLeft = 20;

if(boxSizes.titleBox.w + boxSizes.subTitleBox.w === 0){

paddingLeft = 15;

}

if(searchWidget) {

if(window.isRTL){

searchWidget.domNode.style.right = boxSizes.logoBox.w +

}else{

searchWidget.domNode.style.left = boxSizes.logoBox.w +

}

}

RudoDuncan
New Contributor II

I changed the numbers in bold to 40 and 35 just to see how it would look and nothing changed.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rudo,

Then yo are likely making these changes in the wrong location. If you are wanting to change a app that you have already created then you have to be modifying that apps files and not the stemApp.

0 Kudos
KenKopicky
New Contributor

You might have to change the resize functions to expand due to the logo size.... Got root?

0 Kudos