Time slider widget in the web app builder has number of limitations

07-06-2016 08:51 PM
MinaGurgis1
New Contributor II

When using the Web App builder that's hosted on ArcGIS Online I see a number of limitations with the time slider widget:

1. Cannot specify date format in the time slider...it seems I can do that in the web app template called "Time Aware" but I cannot do it in the web app builder.

Here is a screen shot from the "Time Aware" template that I want to see in the web app builder

2. Cannot set range inclusiveness...For example, I am setting my time interval to show 1 year intervals. What I see on the slider is "1 January 2015 to 1 January 2016". But I don't want to see the data for 1 Jan 2016, this should not be included otherwise the data presented is really more than 1 year..its 1 year plus a day. Or perhaps it should say "1 January 2015 to 31 December 2015" if there is no way to set this.

3. How do I specify what time range my time slider should be showing when the web app starts? For example, when the app starts I always want to show the last 1 year worth of data and not start from the beginning of the time scale as it currently does by default.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Perhaps the functionality you are looking for is in the developer edition

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

0 Kudos
MinaGurgis1
New Contributor II

But then I can't host it on ArcGIS online...

The reason I am using the WebApp Builder is to use the ArcGIS online hosting. As I understand, once I start using the developer edition I need to host the web app myself (on premises).

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Not sure if this is a request for enhancement of the AGOL line version or a builtin limitation.  Someone from the dev team could probably answer that through tech support

0 Kudos
MinaGurgis1
New Contributor II

If there is no way for these items to be done in the online version, then I would consider it as a feature enhancement..not sure if I should be posting this request somewhere else though.

If it can be done, then I'm happy for the dev team to point me how to do that...again not sure if they reply on this forum or do I have to put my questions somewhere else.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Give it a few days... but for ideas they go here ArcGIS Ideas

as for dev temp, perhaps Don Opgenorth​ would know who to direct the question too.

BrittanyBurson
Occasional Contributor III

Old thread but posting anyways. All I'm trying to do is show a Count as the Time Slider moves through time and displays data. It seems this is not possible?

0 Kudos