time slider time range setting

09-21-2016 01:24 PM
JunxuanZhao
New Contributor

I need to use a time slider in WAB to show the accident within certain years.

First, I created a time-awareness layer in ArcMap and everything goes correctly. Second, I upload it to the server as a feature layer and it works great. However, when I added the Time Slider widget to the Web application, the time range of the slider is wrong. It always pre-defines the time period from 01/01/2015 to 12/31/2015 even though my data is from 01/03/2011 to 12/31/2015. I can not find the option to set the time slider such as the time range, interval, and etc. as in the ArcMap. I just want to make sure if this widget in WAB has this function or not since I found previous post which said no.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Junxuan,

The time extent is defined at the Webmap level so when you add a time aware layer you enable time annimation for that layer and then click the configure button on the time slider in the webmap and then choose show advanced options. In this dialog you can define the time extent range, progressive display, etc.

0 Kudos
JunxuanZhao
New Contributor

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your suggestion.

We found the setting in Web Map, as shown in figure 1. But we want to use it in WAB, still does not work, as shown in figure 2.

0 Kudos