Steps to configuring and extending a webapp using Web AppBuilder.

10-31-2018 04:47 AM
AyokunleAdebisi
New Contributor III

Helllo everyone,

I am developing a 3D webapp using esri technology for my masters thesis..I need some insights into developing the 3D Visualisation app, and really want to make it very nice and beautiful.

I know the 3-step process to build a web app and i also know that the widget for 3D is not enough for the functionality of my app.

Please, i really need help that will expressively give me good resources, information and steps to take to configure and extend my 3D visualisation app.

Thanks for your reponse.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AyokunleAdebisi
New Contributor III

83 views yet no single response after 7days. Fantastic

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Abebisi,

The problem is your question is way to generalized. Ask a more specific question.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Are you wanting to do this with code using ArcGIS API for Javascript? Have you looked through Esri's training resources in the course catalog? It also looks like there are a lot of good tutorial videos on youtube and other articles from Esri that describe certain examples, which could either help you directly or point you in the direction of other resources. 

For example, "Creating 3-D Web Apps in ArcGIS Online - Tracking Hurricane Irma" - https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-enterprise/3d-gis/creating-3d-web-apps-in-arcgis-on... 

The article also directs you to the Esri help page for creating 3-D apps from scenes.

It is unclear specifically what you need help with other than general guidance that you could find in tutorial videos. If you have a more specific question perhaps we could be of more help?

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
AyokunleAdebisi
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response.. Yes. i want code using ArcGIS API for Javascript.

0 Kudos
AyokunleAdebisi
New Contributor III

I already downloaded the Webapp builder development folder, just need to be clear about how to code into my app or where to edit and code in JavaScript to create widget and add more functionalities. thanks

0 Kudos