Specify the slide to show when opening Scene in Web AppBuilder

11-13-2018 09:04 AM
KatieGrillo
New Contributor II

The information in "Using 3D web scenes in Story Maps redux" blog post explains how to specify which slide will open when launching a web scene.  Are there similar URL parameters that will allow me to reference a slide/bookmark in a Scene that is within a web app? 

For example, I would like to create a share link that will zoom to a specific bookmark/slide when opening this app viewer: https://cambridgegis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer3d/index.html?id=3be9e73515864a06927e6729463f1...

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Katie,

Here are the url parameters that apply to WAB:

Use URL parameters—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
KatieGrillo
New Contributor II

Hi Robert, There are no details on that page about linking to a specific slide in a web scene. Do you have another suggestion? 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Katie,

I think you must be in the wrong GeoNet space or asking about the wrong esri product/application. WAB (web App Builder) does not have a concept of slides in a web scene.

0 Kudos
KatieGrillo
New Contributor II

There is a slide widget in WAB: Slides widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS. The screenshot in that document is a 3D web scene with 5 slides in it. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Katie,

My apologizes. I have not looked at the 3D widget in some time. There is no url parameter for setting the slide though as the documentation link I provided list the Only available url parameters. So the only way to accomplish this is to customize the side code yourself to look for a slide parameter in the url.

0 Kudos
KatieGrillo
New Contributor II

Ok, thank you for your help!

0 Kudos