Some WAB Developer widgets not working?

02-01-2017 04:49 PM
travisslack1
New Contributor III

Sorry for all the questions folks! I finally managed to get portal/server (10.4) working with IWA when they're on a different domain than active directory thanks to ESRI support. So I am attempting to use WAB developer edition to publish some apps.

My steps thus far have been replacing the certs that come with it with my CA signed ones. Once I have built the app and set my layers and widgets and download the app and put it on my web server somewhere, go to portal > add application and link to where i put the downloaded app. 

so far so good, it loads, it appears as a featured app when i group it, the layers i have added show up and work, but when I go to print I get this (grids is shared with everyone):

Error executing tool. Export Web Map Task Job ID: j47fec7a6e8af41c0ae9599b99c42145d : Layer "Grids": Unable to connect to map server at https://web.domain.com/arcgis1/rest/services/Base/Grids/MapServer. Failed to execute (Export Web Map). Failed to execute (Export Web Map Task).

I also have the add data widget. It won't add layers that are shared with Everyone from my organization (says failed) and adding zips gives me this error: 

Generate Features error: Unable to determine hosted server's instance URL (no hosted server configured?).

Thanks for any tips here

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
travisslack1
New Contributor III

Got the add data sorted, was not aware data store was required as it was not for 10.0. Still struggling with the print widget not working 😕

0 Kudos
RickGeittmann
Occasional Contributor II

What did you have to do to fix the add data widget?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Rick, I think he installed the data store...per his comment.

0 Kudos
RickGeittmann

Yes - my old setup I had on a hard server did not require this but since we moved the installation to the Azure cloud and setup a 2 server configuration the issue has now developed.

I am assuming it is either the issue with our configuration or a change in the widget in the v2.3 WAB - I was running the v2.2 WAB on our old setup. Was going to try the WAB v2.2 on the Azure deployment and check to see if it worked but am suspecting it will not and will have to setup the store to get things to work. 

0 Kudos
travisslack1
New Contributor III

Yep, needed the datastore, and my print widget had to do with the SSL cert being self signed, once I got a GoDaddy one it was fine.

RickGeittmann

Travis did you have to federate your arc server with portal?

I am running in the Azure Cloud 2 server deployment with portal for ArcGIS installed instead of the AGOL route

0 Kudos