Smart Editor

10-06-2016 07:52 AM
ShonaFrost
New Contributor

Hi all. I'm using the smart editor in Web App builder to allow users to edit the attributes of two fields of an editable feature layer and add an attachment. The attachment adds fine but the save button is greyed out. If you shut the widget box, the only change that stays is the addition of the attachment. Ticking the option to "Prompt to save unsaved edits when form is closed or switched to the next record. " makes no difference - no prompt is displayed. Has anyone come across this issue?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Shona,

We identified an issue where the Smart Editor widget's save option is disabled in some instances when using IE as your web browser and are working on a fix. What web browser are you using? If it is IE, can you try with a different web browser?

ShonaFrost
New Contributor

Hi Derek,

Tried it with Firefox and it works! We use IE11 as a default. Many thanks for the advice, I thought I was losing the plot yesterday. Any idea of a timescale on the fix?

Thanks

Shona

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Shona,

We have a fix planned for the Web AppBuilder Developer Edition v2.2. release (which is coming out this month). The fix for the embedded Web AppBuilder in ArcGIS Online will likely occur with the next ArcGIS Online update (sometime later this year).

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Jan_ErikDyb
New Contributor

Hi, I am also trying to use the "Prompt to save unsaved edits when form is closed or switched to the next record.", but nothing is happening then I close the editing window. Is there a new solution to this now?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Jan,

Which release of Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS are you using? In ArcGIS Online? Developer Edition? If so, which release? Or in Portal for ArcGIS?

0 Kudos
Jan_ErikDyb
New Contributor

Hi Derek, and thank you for the reply.

I am using ArcGis online trough an organization account.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Jan,

Are you using IE as your web browser? If so, can you please try with either Chrome or FireFox? If the issue persists can you please contact Esri Tech Support so they can investigate further?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos