Smart Editor widget hanging after Save

Jump to solution
01-08-2021 09:47 AM
JaredRyan1
New Contributor III

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced our issue:

After selecting a record from the query widget in our app, and then using the Smart Editor widget to edit that same record, the user can update values and then Save their update.

However, after saving the record, the Smart Editor hangs and will not allow the user to select another record. A buffer wheel persists until the browser is refreshed.

The update made to the record is stored. 

If not initially selecting the record from the list in the Query widget, we do experience this issue. When the record is initially selected from the map, the Smart Editor functions as expected. 

We're using portal version 10.7.1

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JaredRyan1 ,

Thank you for your question.

It looks like this may have been fixed in a later version of the Smart Editor widget in Web AppBuilder.
Here is the reported bug: BUG-000128889: The Smart Editor widget fails to edit information fo.. (esri.com)

It was actually implemented in June 2020, which means the fix may only be available in Enterprise 10.9. About release versions—ArcGIS Web AppBuilder (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

I would recommend using the latest version of Smart Editor from Web AppBuilder Developer edition and hosting it as a custom widget for your own version of Portal if you need this fixed and you cannot update Portal anytime soon.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JaredRyan1 ,

Thank you for your question.

It looks like this may have been fixed in a later version of the Smart Editor widget in Web AppBuilder.
Here is the reported bug: BUG-000128889: The Smart Editor widget fails to edit information fo.. (esri.com)

It was actually implemented in June 2020, which means the fix may only be available in Enterprise 10.9. About release versions—ArcGIS Web AppBuilder (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

I would recommend using the latest version of Smart Editor from Web AppBuilder Developer edition and hosting it as a custom widget for your own version of Portal if you need this fixed and you cannot update Portal anytime soon.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos
JaredRyan1
New Contributor III

@AlixVezina , thank you so much for that info and quick response!

0 Kudos