Smart editor doesn't show templates after selecting multiple features from attribute table widget

Jump to solution
01-17-2021 08:45 PM
Labels (1)
PrashantKirpan
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I've configured smart editor and attribute table widget using 'WAB 2.17 Developer Edition'.

I've selected multiple features using attribute table and hit cancel button on smart editor, it clears all feature selection on map and attribute table but smart editor template doesn't update. After hitting cancel button widget should display templates but in my case its showing empty white form.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1) Make sure Attribute table is open and smart editor is active. select one feature from map.

2) Attribute data of selected feature gets populated in smart editor form

3) Press Cntl key and select multiple features in attribute table widget.

4) Total count can be displayed on Smart editor widget

5) Click cancel button and smart editor templates are disappeared. Please see attached screen shot for reference. 

having this issue with Developer edition 2.17 only, I would like to know is this WAB developer edition bug or am I doing something wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Prashant

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @PrashantKirpan ,

I can reproduce the issue you have described in WAB 2.17 Developer Edition. This issue is not found in the latest version of developer edition 2.18. Please try the latest update and see if this helps with what you are trying to do. ArcGIS Web AppBuilder (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

If you prefer not to upgrade to the latest edition, you could try swapping out the Smart Editor widget folder in your current build with the newer one (replace widget in client>stemapp>widget folder, and widget in apps folders for existing apps you want to upgrade) and it should resolve that issue.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @PrashantKirpan ,

I can reproduce the issue you have described in WAB 2.17 Developer Edition. This issue is not found in the latest version of developer edition 2.18. Please try the latest update and see if this helps with what you are trying to do. ArcGIS Web AppBuilder (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

If you prefer not to upgrade to the latest edition, you could try swapping out the Smart Editor widget folder in your current build with the newer one (replace widget in client>stemapp>widget folder, and widget in apps folders for existing apps you want to upgrade) and it should resolve that issue.

PrashantKirpan
Occasional Contributor

Thank you @AlixVezina,

Rather than swapping whole widget, I've replaced _showTemplatePicker function and its started working.

Really appreciate your help.

-Prashant

ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

@AlixVezina I'm also facing feature selection confusion. Here's my issue:

1. URL parameter is used to select a feature in the app
  2. Smart Editor widget is set to auto open on app opening. However Smart Editor panel fails to open and display selected feature attributes for editing.
  3. User must manually select the feature to get Smart Editor panel open.
  4. If not edits made and user selects another feature Smart Editor panel fails to update.
  5. User must use popup ellipse (...) and choose 'Smart Editor'. However, the widget was renamed to something else so user is confused what Smart Editor is.

SmartEditor.gif

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @ahargreaves_FW ,

From your GIF:

1. Unfortunately, the query of features using URL parameters does not work like a selection in WAB, which is why the feature is not really being selected and loaded in the Smart Editor. This is a known limitation. In Experience Builder, you will observe that selections are now more dynamic.

3. Once a feature is loaded in the Smart Editor, you will need to close the form to select another feature. We are not planning to make changes to this behavior for this widget.

4. Regarding the widget rename not being reflected in the pop-up options, we'll see if it's possible to fix this.

0 Kudos