Smart Edit Widget "Copy Features" from Imported Layer Error

Jump to solution
11-06-2022 07:50 PM
GerberMatthew
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am having trouble getting functionality that is available in AGOL to work on Portal and am wondering if its a config issue or if the functionality isn't there.

I am trying to use "Smart Editor" to copy a selected feature into the editable layer.    This works fine on features that are part of the original webmap the webapp uses, however any layer or file imported by the users via ESRI's "Add Data" widget do not work.  The browser console states "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties"

On googling similar issues, I believe it can not find the layer and I surmise this is potentially because its a temporary user session based layer rather than persistent layers being sourced from the webmap and needs to be searched/found differently.

Should this scenario work out of the box in Portal like it does in AGOL?

(Add file via add data widget --> Use Smart Editor to Select feature from added layer --> Copy feature to editable layer)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

The ability to copy from shapefiles added to the map using the Add Data widget was implemented in Web AppBuilder 2.17 and Enterprise 10.9. It is also available in ArcGIS Online.

The Smart Editor Widget: A Few Years in Review 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@GerberMatthew , copying features from layers added using the Add Data widget should work as expected.

What kind of layer is being added to the map using the Add Data widget? What is your version of Portal?

0 Kudos
GerberMatthew
New Contributor III

I am running ArcGIS Server 10.8.1 with webapp builder 2.16

I am loading a shapefile via the "Add data" ESRI widget from my PC.

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

The ability to copy from shapefiles added to the map using the Add Data widget was implemented in Web AppBuilder 2.17 and Enterprise 10.9. It is also available in ArcGIS Online.

The Smart Editor Widget: A Few Years in Review 

GerberMatthew
New Contributor III

Do both web AppBuilder and enterprise need to be 2.17 and 10.9, or will it work if WAB is upgraded to 2.17 and our enterprise is left at 10.8.1?

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes, you can use WAB 2.17 and register your apps with your 10.8.1 Portal. You can add the Smart Editor from 2.17 - or a later version - as a custom widget to your Portal to use it in your current WAB apps. 

Add custom widgets—ArcGIS Web AppBuilder | Documentation

0 Kudos