Select, Copy, and Paste feature in WebApp Builder

01-23-2017 12:49 PM
ClaytonCooley2
New Contributor III

Does anyone know of a tool that allows a user to select a feature from one layer and copy it into a seperate layer? This functionally exists within the Collector App but I haven't found anything that will accomplish this within WebApp Builder.

15 Replies
GeorgeKatsambas
Occasional Contributor III

Wont the Select widget do this?. You can add the select widget to your Web Developer app, once selected you can then click the ... (3 dots) in the selection pane and create a layer from selected.

ClaytonCooley2
New Contributor III

Unfortunately, creating a layer isn't exactly what I'm after. I want to actually copy the shape of a polygon into another feature class. If I could put together a Geoprocessing tool that uses the selection as the input, that may work. Any thoughts?

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Clayton,

If the Select widget will not work for you, can you describe, in more detail, on what you are expecting to see? And maybe describe how Collector handles this process?

0 Kudos
ClaytonCooley2
New Contributor III

Adrian,

I would like to see the ability to select a feature, click a button that says "Copy Shape", then select the feature class I want to add it to. This works great in Collector but I've yet to figure out how to replicate it in a web app.

For instance, I put together a web map for Collector where our field crew can select a stand, click copy shape, and add the shape as a new feature in another polygon layer. See pics below for what I'm talking about.

AhnaMiller2
Occasional Contributor

Clayton, if I may ask, are you collecting a feature class here? How were you able to get the "copy shape " in collector?

0 Kudos
ClaytonCooley2
New Contributor III

Yes, by adding two feature services, it will allow you to select from one and copy to another.

0 Kudos
ClaytonCooley2
New Contributor III

I've posted this on ArcGIS Ideas. If you have a chance, upvote it so we can hopefully make this a reality.

https://community.esri.com/ideas/13937 

StuartGrey1
New Contributor III

Hi Clayton, do you still need this solution? I think it exists now via smart editor.

JamesLandwehr
New Contributor III

Clayton, did you ever get an answer about this copy feature to another layer widget?  

0 Kudos