Secured Basemaps in Web AppBuilder

Jump to solution
05-18-2015 06:44 AM
StabsstelleGIS
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm trying to add a basemap provided by an AGS 10.1 to my WAB-Application. The service is token-based secured. Operational secured layers work fine with a proxy configuration. This is the config-UI for the basemap gallery widget:

securedBasemapError.PNG

It is also impossible to combine non-secured with secured services in this UI. I thought another workaround would be, to add the basemap directly to the web map, but then the other esri basemaps didn't work; or more precisely: if I switch over to an esri basemap my own secured basemap turns grey an is not available anymore.

I appreciate any suggestions

Andre

gdi-hohenlohekreis.de
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StabsstelleGIS
New Contributor III

For those with similar problems:

I solved the problem by adding the AGS Service as an element in my AGOL account and saved the server credentials within the element. After that I restricted the allowed Referrer-Urls to my WAB-Application, so neither one can load the service into new web maps nor download data from the service.

Andre

gdi-hohenlohekreis.de

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Andre,

Is your basemap using the same wkid as esri basemaps (wkid: 102100)? If your basemap is cached/tiled does it have the same LODs as esri basemaps?

0 Kudos
StabsstelleGIS
New Contributor III

thx for your reply,

my basemap has the same wkid and the same tiles as esri basemaps. it's successfully integrated in several flex applications, because there I can specify a token.

Andre

gdi-hohenlohekreis.de
0 Kudos
StabsstelleGIS
New Contributor III

For those with similar problems:

I solved the problem by adding the AGS Service as an element in my AGOL account and saved the server credentials within the element. After that I restricted the allowed Referrer-Urls to my WAB-Application, so neither one can load the service into new web maps nor download data from the service.

Andre

gdi-hohenlohekreis.de