Searching in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS

Jump to solution
05-13-2015 08:50 AM
JustinNettleton
Occasional Contributor

I am using the ArcGIS online version of Web AppBuilder. I have a simple application set up for County facilities. I am looking for a quick an easy way for users to search for facilities. A drop down of some sorts would work the best. I tried to use the filter widget, but I don't like the way its set up. It doesn't seem to make the process easy for the user at all. I may just be making the process harder than it needs to be.

So, is there any quick way to search or set up a drop down? I am just looking for the user to hit a button and their options pop up. They click on the facility they want and it zooms to it or highlights it on the map.

Thanks,

Justin Nettleton, GISP

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Justin,

You might also consider building a geocode (single field) service that way you can just use the Geocoder widget to type the search term into.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Justin,

Have you considered the Bookmark widget? ​This would allow you to list the facilities and then zoom to their location.

0 Kudos
JustinNettleton
Occasional Contributor

Rickey,

I was actually just doing that as an alternative in case i didn't come up with a better solution.

Thanks for the response.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Justin,

You might also consider building a geocode (single field) service that way you can just use the Geocoder widget to type the search term into.

JustinNettleton
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, I will give that a try.

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

​Justin,

Another way may be to set up a feature search on the web map in AGOL. This will allow you to search by features in the data that is using the actual data and not a cache of the data in a geocoding service. When you set this up in the web map in AGOL it will automatically show up as a drop down search in the geocoding search bar in WAB.

-Stan

0 Kudos
JustinNettleton
Occasional Contributor

Stan,

Thanks for the response. Looks like that is an option as well.

0 Kudos