Search Widget not working

09-12-2016 12:59 PM
AdamCrateau1
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I'm using the web appbuilder Search Widget (not Robert's Extended Search widget) to set up an attribute search on our parcel layer.  This is a hosted feature layer, with about 110k polygons, and only 3 attributes.  It is projected using WGS84 Web Mercator (wkid 3857).  

When I search using the widget, the feature is found, a highlighted copy of the feature is drawn in the graphics layer, the map zooms in and the popup window is added.  All that sounds great, But here are the problems:

1. The feature in the graphics layer is a 'generalized' copy of the original feature, and does not align well, especially with complex polygons.
  2. The map zooms in way too far, past the extent of the feature being returned.
  3. The status wheel in the lower right of the application (new at WAB 2.1), does not stop spinning indicating some sort of error.
  4. Opening the console reveals the error  (this error occurs every time I try to search):

TypeError: Unable to draw graphic (null): b[0].geometry.getCenter is not a function

Has anyone else observed similar behaviors from the Search Widget?  Thank you for any insights.

1 Reply
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Adam,

I have tested with a parcel layer with 79K polygon features and here are my results:

1. Not seeing this issue.

2. I see the same issue.

3. Not seeing this issue.

4. Not seeing this issue.

Your best bet would be to contact esri tech support and see if this is a bug that can be logged before the 2.2 version comes out.

0 Kudos