Search result popup URL Bug?

Jump to solution
02-25-2016 01:43 AM
MattiasEkström
Occasional Contributor III

Some of my links doesn't work from the search result popup. PopUps for layers that contains full URLs in one of it's attributes is configured to use the display option "A custom attribute display". I enter some text for my link and then use {URL} for the link url where URL is the name of the attribute with the URLs. When clicking a feature in the map to view the PopUp the link works as expected. But when I'm configuring the search widget in WAB and use my layer as one of the sources and then perform a search, the PopUp displays as it's configured for the search result but the link doesn't work.
Instead of linking to the value of {URL} the link looks like this:

http://oskarshamn.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/%3CA%20href=%22{URL}%22%20target=%22_blank%22%3E{URL}%3C/A%3E

(where {URL} is replaced with the actual value)

Anyone else that has seen this? or is able to reproduce?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattiasEkström

This seems to have been fixed to the march 2016 update.

Unfortunately some of my layers in existing apps don't honor the PopUp config at all through the search widget after the update. My experience is that's it's always some small things that "brakes" with an update, and I have to redo some configurations...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mattias,

I have seen this and believe it is a bug. Have you reported this to esri tech support?

MattiasEkström

Then it's not just me. I haven't reported this yet.

0 Kudos
MattiasEkström

This seems to have been fixed to the march 2016 update.

Unfortunately some of my layers in existing apps don't honor the PopUp config at all through the search widget after the update. My experience is that's it's always some small things that "brakes" with an update, and I have to redo some configurations...

0 Kudos