Save editing features in web app builder?

11-07-2014 03:49 AM
ChrisBuckmaster1
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I have been testing out web app builder and have implemented the editing widget on my map. After creating a feature and editing attributes, I cannot find a save button to save my feature (only a delete button appears). The only way I have found I can save it is to choose another feature even if I do not want to continue to add more features.

Is this the only way I can save my feature or am I missing something?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TobiasFimpel1
Occasional Contributor III

You can remove the feature from the selection. Maybe the way to o this differs from theme to theme, but in the foldable theme's editing toolbar you can change the select tool to either create a new selection, add to a selection, or remove from a selection. Choose the latter option and you feature become deselected. A save button would be nice, I agree.

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery

Chris:

Once you are finished with your edit, just click somewhere on the map away from your feature and the edit will be automatically committed to the feature service.  No Save button is necessary - it's that easy!

0 Kudos
TobiasFimpel1

Interesting. When I click somewhere on the map my edit gets saved but the feature doesn't get de-selected (which is what I'd assume a save button would do aside from posting apply-edits). I will experiment a bit more.

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery

I've seen strange behavior during editing tasks in AGOL maps (map viewer and Web AppBuilder) depending on which browser you are using.  I have found the best behavior when using Chrome or Firefox.  I am currently editing in a Web AppBuilder map using IE 11 and it is working just fine.

0 Kudos
ChrisBuckmaster1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Joe

Thanks for your reply - I know this is how it can be saved, but for me it isn't that obvious. I have found for a lot of non GIS savy users they need to be able to click something to save as it is how so many applications work. Really do think a save button is necessary here.

0 Kudos