Routing on Widgets

05-08-2019 09:15 AM
DarlaPyron2
New Contributor

When configuring the Near Me widget for routing it says to enable the item in the application settings, and when you go to the settings on the web map the routing, measure tool and so on have been turned on, but have the 'retired' icon by them, which I understand means those features will be retired at a future AGOL release. I am able to have routing on the Directions widget, but not on Near Me. On a map I made for police a few months ago routing is enabled on the Near Me and it still works. What do I have to do to get it to work on this map? Thanks, Darla

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndyShoemaker
Esri Contributor

Hi Darla Pyron‌,

Using the tick box on the map settings (even though it says retired) should still enable routing on the widget since the tool is looking for that specific setting.

In future releases, you will also see a setting in widget on the "Direction Setting" tab to enable directions from the NearMe Widget so you don't need to keep jumping back and forth. 

Andy

Andy Shoemaker
DarlaPyron2
New Contributor

I do have them checked, which is what is odd. Routing is working in the Direction widget in the same web app map, so routing is enabled for the map, but not on the NearMe widget. I will look for that setting on a future release. Thanks! Darla

0 Kudos
AndyShoemaker
Esri Contributor

No worries, glad to help. 

If you haven't already tried, it would certainly be worth clearing your browser cache just to make sure nothing is hanging on when it shouldn't be. 

Additionally, as silly as it may sound, I have seen that turning the routing on map off/on again can shake things loose and get the directions widget working. 

Andy Shoemaker
0 Kudos
DarlaPyron2
New Contributor

Clearing the cache didn't help, and I just tried to configure the Near Me for another web map that has routing checked and it didn't work. So the last web app map I had that worked with this widget I created in February. Looks like I will have to put in a help desk ticket with ESRI, because they can't just remove the functionality of this widget when it is essential to workflow. 

0 Kudos