Rich Text edits in pop-up not saving?

12-05-2017 09:54 AM
ErynPimentel
New Contributor II

I'm trying to edit pop-up attribute information using Rich Text to create a text hyperlink. It works but if I open the web map the next time it has reverted back. It's like it's overriding my edits when it reloads the map in the next instance. Is this a bug or does anyone have a solution? Thanks!

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Eryn,

I'm trying to edit pop-up attribute information using Rich Text to create a text hyperlink. It works but if I open the web map the next time it has reverted back.

Can you share exactly how you are doing this?

ErynPimentel
New Contributor II

I have a web map that I am pushing out as a web app. I select the layer -> configure popup -> configure attributes and make that attribute Rich Text. I click on a feature in that layer and select Edit from the popup. For the attribute in particular, I edit the text using "Create Link", putting the appropriate URL and text. Hit Close, then save the map. I click on the same feature and the popup looks correct - the text I want to appear is there and it's now a hyperlink. It works perfect. However, when I close the map/leave the page and open it up again, that attribute information has reverted back to the way it was, with no hyperlink.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Eryn,

So you are saying that when you open the Web Map again in the AGOL Map Viewer the configuration is lost or when you open the WAB app that uses the WebMap the popup does not look the same?

0 Kudos
ErynPimentel
New Contributor II

It's lost when I open the web map again (AGOL map viewer).

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Eryn,

Once you click save from the toolbar there is nothing else you need to do so this sounds like an issue to take up with esri tech support.

0 Kudos
JBald
by
New Contributor III

I just received more feed back from Tech Support after they initially said it was a bug.

If the layer is a hosted Feature Service then go to the Map Server then to the hosted layer.

Right Click for "Service Properties" / "Feature Access" go to "Advanced" and uncheck "Filter Web Content"

see below.

Tech Support provided info on the bugs related to this: I added the BUG's to your My Esri account through this case, you can click the link below to access it: BUG-000090951: When an unsupported HTML content is applied to a feature service hosted on ArcGIS Ser... AND BUG-000093671: ArcGIS for Server ApplyEdits operation does not support Hyper Text Markup Language (H... Workaround: http://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/publish-services/linux/feature-services-and-client-app...  "If you attempt to add an unsupported entity or attribute, an error is returned. If your feature service workflow requires unsupported HTML entities and attributes, you'll need to disable the Filter web content property. This property can be accessed through the feature service Advanced Options dialog box in ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Server Manager."

provided this info  BUG-000090951: When an unsupported HTML content is applied to a feature service hosted on ArcGIS Ser... AND BUG-000093671: ArcGIS for Server ApplyEdits operation does not support Hyper Text Markup Language (H...

Workaround: http://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/publish-services/linux/feature-services-and-client-app...  "If you attempt to add an unsupported entity or attribute, an error is returned. If your feature service workflow requires unsupported HTML entities and attributes, you'll need to disable the Filter web content property. This property can be accessed through the feature service Advanced Options dialog box in ArcGIS Desktop or ArcGIS Server Manager."

0 Kudos
ErynPimentel
New Contributor II

Thanks! I'm trying to follow these steps but can't get there, is this only a feature that's available in 10.6? I'm on 10.4 currently.

0 Kudos
JBald
by
New Contributor III

I am having the same issue. 

The field is 150 characters wide.

I tested using this URL, which is only 103 characters wide.

https://www.google.com/search?q=google&oq=google&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.902j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UT... 

I added the url to the Popup field using the Rich Text editor.  I click close and save webmap (to be doubly sure)

But when I click the new feature to open the popUp, the URL was not saved.

0 Kudos
JBald
by
New Contributor III

This is a bug and it was confirmed by Tech Support.