Repair data source in web map / web app

Jump to solution
01-03-2023 01:58 PM
Veronicampbell
New Contributor III

Is there a way to repair a broken data source within a web map? I know you can right click to open properties and reroute the source, but I'm not finding this capability for web maps. It's only an issue because I've already configured all of the symbology, labelling, extent, attribute filters, and popup, and would have to redo all of this if I were to add in the new source from scratch. A copy/paste capability for symbology and other configurable items might be nice.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Veronica, 

You can find webmaps in your organisation by changing the search parameters through the search box drop down arrow:

CarmelConnolly_0-1672828450039.png

I can't think of another way of doing it out of the box without having to redo all your layer configuration.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DougGreen
Occasional Contributor II

Yes there is. The ArcGIS Online Assistant has tools to do this as well as view and modify JSON. Hope that helps.

Veronicampbell
New Contributor III

Thanks, is there any other way to update sources besides this? I have privileges to edit the web map but am not the owner anymore, so I wasn't able to locate it in ArcGIS Online Assistant. I wonder if there is a reason for not having the same capability as ArcMap/Pro to update sources within a properties/settings tab?

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Veronica, 

You can find webmaps in your organisation by changing the search parameters through the search box drop down arrow:

CarmelConnolly_0-1672828450039.png

I can't think of another way of doing it out of the box without having to redo all your layer configuration.