Related Tables Chart Widget - Need to account for time and value fields?

11-30-2016 03:34 PM
KyleGallagher
New Contributor III

I have a monitoring wells feature class with a related table containing contaminant values for that well over time (Fields: Well_ID is the PK/FK for the relationship class, Sample_Date, and Result). There doesn't appear to be a way to click on a well location and have the results for that well be plotted over time as I can only plot the values of one field. I do love the idea of being able to click on a feature and having it pop up versus the query method of the Chart Widget, but I should have more advanced charting options than what is currently available. Do I have no choice but to go the developer route?

Also, why is the line chart not an option for the Related Tables Chart Widget? It is an option for the Chart Widget.

Thanks!

3 Replies
KyleGallagher
New Contributor III

I was able to figure this out by using the the Date field for the Label field. However, it does not display the dates in chronological order and instead shows them alphabetically. I suppose I could put a number prefix before each date so they are in the correct order.

In addition to not having a line chart option, it appears I can only use a horizontal bar chart as there is no option for a vertical chart. This is a little deceiving given the Related Table Chart Wizard icon is shown as a vertical chart.

PaulaDillon1
New Contributor

I have the same question.  Why no line chart?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was not able to select point features. When I ran the widget, I got the option to enter an address, which I have no interest in as my data is well samples.

When I tried to select well points, the only thing I saw as the address of the location the well was on, or a blank.

Also, I could really use a line chart

0 Kudos