Select to view content in your preferred language

Related records disappearing in popups in ArcGIS online WebMaps using a shared map image service

08-21-2015 09:03 AM
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

So I've been working in AGOL for days and days tweaking my Government Services WebMap for consumption in the Web Application Builder developer edition 1.2.  Many of my services do/will include related tables both 1-1 and 1-M for more than one pair per shared service. 

All of the system attributes (OBJECTID, GLOBALID, SHAPE, SHAPE_AREA, etc) as well as the primary keys are are included in each service.

Each time I configure my popup to display related records I save the popup, save the layer, save the webmap.  If I then navigate out of the webmap and return, the records disappear.  Upon re-opening the popup configuration the related data option check box is active, yet no related attributes appear in the field list dropdown.

What is going on?  I've triple-checked all of my service and sharing parameters. I thought I was following the configure popups arcgis online help info to the letter.  No matter what, the above behavior occurs!

I don't want to get started on why I like to use my own feature layers from my own services and objects in the api and perhaps like many of you find working in webmaps cumbersome, certainly 'thick' at best.

Any info is appreciated-

Thanks-

David

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Well I figured it out.  I was allowing dynamic re-ordering of my layers on my service and as soon as a layer is moved up or down within that service the relationship index position is no longer valid and therefore your related information cannot display. 

Kind of a rookie mistake, I should have known better.  Still, I think that if ArcServer is going to allow dynamic re-ordering and symbology changes then there should be a mechanism to enable the same functionality when related tables are present in map services.

-David