Query Widget - View Attribute Table - showing fields not visible

Jump to solution
11-02-2021 01:02 PM
LauraHeartwood
New Contributor II

When I view the attribute table using the results from the query widget I end up with an attribute table that is showing fields I do not have visible under the table view settings for the web map the application is using. I have gotten around this by deleting some fields, although fields with the name "sensitive" will not delete, no matter how hard I try. The attribute table is also not reflecting the order of this table on the backend. Any tips would be much appreciated, thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

You're welcome!

If you suspect a bug, you can find it here:  https://support.esri.com/en/Search-Results#search?q=web%20app%20builder&content-type=Bugs

If you can't find one and still suspect a bug, you can contact ESRI technical support and have them assist you.  They will log it as a bug if one is found.

Amanda Bishop, GISP

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello @LauraHeartwood 

Try hiding the fields in the data source before publishing the service.  Also, you can modify the attribute table to hide fields in the web map and depending on the type of web mapping application you are using, there are options to configure the attribute table fields.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
LauraHeartwood
New Contributor II

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for the quick reply. I have figured out a way to configure the default attribute table within the web app, but this attribute table is different than the attribute table you are directed to when you view the results from the query widget. I am wondering how to configure that one. Thank you!

Laura

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Try customizing the content in the query widget.  See attached pic.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
LauraHeartwood
New Contributor II

Thank you Amanda. I did configure the content exactly how I wanted it and really thought it would fix my attribute table, but unfortunately it doesn't. I wonder if this is a bug. 

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

You're welcome!

If you suspect a bug, you can find it here:  https://support.esri.com/en/Search-Results#search?q=web%20app%20builder&content-type=Bugs

If you can't find one and still suspect a bug, you can contact ESRI technical support and have them assist you.  They will log it as a bug if one is found.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
KristinaMarkocevic
New Contributor II
any updates on the issue? @LauraHeartwood 
0 Kudos
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Laura, I've also been trying to get this logged as a bug, but was (frustratingly) told to log it as a feature request.  But it really does seem like a bug to me!  Have you managed to log this?

Helen

0 Kudos
LauraHeartwood
New Contributor II

Hi Helen,

I have not tried to log it as a bug yet, interesting that they told you to log it as a feature request!

Laura

0 Kudos