Query Widget not holding query criteria expression for user input

Jump to solution
12-20-2020 08:06 PM
TaupoDistrict_Council
Occasional Contributor

I have set a Query criteria within the Query widget which holds several fields requiring user input.

If I go into the configure query widget options and touch a query that already exists I'm finding that my defined query is altered and I receive an error requiring me to 'set filter correctly'.  

I set the expressions up with 4 expressions which are 'is any of' and 'ask for values' selected.

TaupoDistrict_Council_1-1608523220858.png

I can save this and it works within the app. 

When I go into the widget settings and click on an existing query the filter is automatically changed removing all of the 'is any of' and removing the 'ask for values', hence not allowing me to get out of the widget before fixing the expression back to the original state.

TaupoDistrict_Council_0-1608523143690.png

It is fine as long as I never go into the old query, however if I am making a new query I often click into an old one to see the standards I used when creating it.  I've already spent a tonne of time creating these queries so it would be great to not have to constantly rebuild them.

14 Replies
TorbjørnDalløkken2
Occasional Contributor

I have exactly the same problem, with both the Filter Widget and Query Widget. I'm really looking forward to a resolution on this.

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

This issue has been fixed in the AGOL 9.1 release.

KellyKnapp35
New Contributor III

Excellent!  Thank you for the update @TonghuiMing !

TorbjørnDalløkken2
Occasional Contributor

That's great news, @TonghuiMing. Do you know the status of this bug in Portal for ArcGIS / ArcGIS Enterprise? Will there be a hotfix for Web AppBuilder Developer?

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @TorbjørnDalløkken2 - this issue was found prior to the Portal 10.9 release, so it was fixed in 10.9; a hotfix for Portal 10.8.1 is ongoing.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the new version of the developer edition (v2.20) is coming soon, and we currently don't have any plan for the hotfix. After that release, if you cannot upgrade to the newest version, let us know and we will see what we can do.

Best,

Tonghui