Query Widget not holding query criteria expression for user input

Jump to solution
12-20-2020 08:06 PM
TaupoDistrict_Council
Occasional Contributor

I have set a Query criteria within the Query widget which holds several fields requiring user input.

If I go into the configure query widget options and touch a query that already exists I'm finding that my defined query is altered and I receive an error requiring me to 'set filter correctly'.  

I set the expressions up with 4 expressions which are 'is any of' and 'ask for values' selected.

TaupoDistrict_Council_1-1608523220858.png

I can save this and it works within the app. 

When I go into the widget settings and click on an existing query the filter is automatically changed removing all of the 'is any of' and removing the 'ask for values', hence not allowing me to get out of the widget before fixing the expression back to the original state.

TaupoDistrict_Council_0-1608523143690.png

It is fine as long as I never go into the old query, however if I am making a new query I often click into an old one to see the standards I used when creating it.  I've already spent a tonne of time creating these queries so it would be great to not have to constantly rebuild them.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

This issue has been fixed in the AGOL 9.1 release.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
KellyKnapp35
New Contributor III

I am having that exact same issue!  I logged in today to see if there is a solution.  I have a list of Predefined Values that I had to type in EVERY time it reset.  So frustrating.  I hope there is a solution!

0 Kudos
TaupoDistrict_Council
Occasional Contributor

Hi @AzizaParveen1 is this something that you can help us with? 

0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi @TaupoDistrict_Council I don't work much with Query widget, tagging @WeiYing1 , she can help you with this issue.

0 Kudos
frhilyana_geo11
New Contributor III

I think it is like a glitch. what I did when that happened: 

1. click the data source setting (Just click, do not set anything)

2. Then, click the results tab (again, just click. do not set anything)

3. Next, click the filters tab 

4. lastly click the Query Criteria setting and all of the previous settings were able to be retrieved back.

attached together is the screenshot. 

KellyKnapp35
New Contributor III

Hi @frhilyana_geo11 , I tried that but couldn't get the same results.  I found that just Canceling out of the Query configuration will save my criteria.  But it still will give me the error if I go back again.  It must be a bug! 

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @TaupoDistrict_Council@KellyKnapp35, and @frhilyana_geo11 -

Thanks for bringing it up. It seems like an issue caused by some browser updates or other changes since we did not change anything around here.

Anyway, this issue will be addressed in the coming release. Keep tuned.

Best,

Tonghui

KellyKnapp35
New Contributor III

Thank you @TonghuiMing! Looking forward to a resolution.

0 Kudos
RamezRafatVolue
New Contributor II

Hi TonghuiMing,

When will the coming release of WAB Developer come? In the ESRI Developer Summit, I only remember a fixed date for Experience Builder dev. ed. ( May 13th ), but no date for WAB dev.  Could it be that earlier versions of Query Widget and Filter Widget still can work (we use 2.19 now but maybe some older version still works?)?

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @RamezRafatVolue - WAB dev edition will share the same date with the ExB dev edition.

I did a quick check on v2.14 through v2.18, but unfortunately, I saw the issue in all of them. It seems like some unknown changes affect this behavior in the Filter/Query widget.

We will continue to double-check on the reasons, in the meantime, the fix should be included in the upcoming releases soon.

Best,

Tonghui

0 Kudos