Query Data from Related Tables

06-19-2015 04:16 AM
IonutAlixandroae4
Occasional Contributor

Hi colleagues,

I have a question regarding using Query Widget from WAB to query data both from the feature layer`s attribute table and from the tables related to the feature layer by a simple, 1-M relationship class.

In the update from February 2015 appeared that there is support for related records in pop-up, attribute table and query results.

Do you guys have any ideas?

Thanks!

Ionut

Tags (1)
11 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ionut,

That is correct the Popups, Attribute Table, and Query Results all now show related records for the selected feature. Are you not seeing this?

0 Kudos
IonutAlixandroae4
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

I thought it will be possible to create filters/queries on related data. (Similar to "Select by attributes" but only on related data...)

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ionut,

No querying related data is not currently supported. You can display related data for a feature that is queried, clicked/selected.

IonutAlixandroae4
Occasional Contributor

OK, I understand.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JenniferFrazer
New Contributor II

I have the same type of problem, however I have set-up a query off the parent table (not the connective tables) and my Query is not working.

When I use it, is gives me that the record is found, but it does not let the results appear in the results list (all I am trying to show in the results output is parent table data as well).

The goal is to allow users to query for a well# and quickly zoom to it.

This is a well dataset with 65,300 pts.

Other queries in my app is working (T&R, leases, etc), just the one well dataset with the connective table is giving me problems.

0 Kudos
IonutAlixandroae4
Occasional Contributor

Hi Jennifer,

So you query the data from the parent table and you can run a query but can not see the results?

Well, for what I understood, have you setup the results in the filter configuration in WAB? Like checking the field/data you want to appear?

Ionut

JenniferFrazer
New Contributor II

Yes I have the returning results as just the API # from the parent table.  When I run the query is just states the # of records found, with no results.

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Jennifer,

Is the parent table a Feature layer? or stand alone table? If it is a feature layer, you should be able to query and return results. Could you give the same service a try in map viewer with Filter?

0 Kudos
JenniferFrazer
New Contributor II

It is a feature layer. Tried it in map viewer and the filter does work when I query one well number out. The info for that one well does appear in the table (when I bring the table up).

0 Kudos