Public Notification Widget Error - Auto-Selects Adjacent Parcels?

04-16-2019 06:15 AM
DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

I am using the public notification widget in the non-developer edition Web AppBuilder with my tax parcel polygon feature service layer.  I have it setup to use the select tool to click on a parcel, then you can enable the check box to apply a 500 ft buffer.  The problem I am having, is when I click on a parcel using the Select tool, it will often select the parcel I clicked on, but it will also select one or more adjacent parcels as well (even though I only clicked once inside the subject parcel).  So when I apply the 500 foot buffer for the public notification, it goes off the outside edge of all the adjacent parcels, not the subject parcel I clicked on.  I have tried checking and un-checking every possible option in the Public Notification Widget setup and nothing seems to fix this behavior.

The puzzling part, is sometimes I click on a parcel, and just selects the parcel like it should, other times it included one, two, three, or all adjacent parcels in the selection.  So it seems somewhat random.

Has anyone else noticed this behavior or have a work-around?

Screenshot attached -  I hit default "Select button" (annotation 1), then click once inside a parcel (annotation 2), and the result is it selected 4 of the 5 adjacent parcels in addition to the subject parcel.

Thanks for your help.

15 Replies
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

It was fixed in October 2019 and 2.15 have the fix. I am wondering if the app is cached in the browser, could you please try few things for me?

1) Clear browser cache or use a different browser 

2) If you open dev tool, in the console you should be able to see the dev version, could you double check that version and make sure it shows 2.15 version. if all these are fine and still see the issue, could you please share your app with me?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Lake_Country_GIS
Occasional Contributor

Hi Aziza,

My app is on my local network consuming a internal Map via Portal with internal ArcGIS server map services.

I have checked the browser and I am using WAB 2.15 now. I also cleared the cache and tried in the Edge browser. I created a new web app with that one tool. For some reason I can't get the selection tools to work on my feature service though. Very strange. I am consuming an ArcGIS Server 10.7.1. feature service for the notification widget. 

0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi Mark,

Could you check if the feature layer is configured as search layer, the selection drawing tool works on the configured feature layer only (attached screenshot). If the tool still does not work, I would suggest that you reach out to ESRI support, they will be able to narrow down the issue. Thanks.

0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi Greg,

It is a known issue. We have fixed this issue and will be available in ArcGIS Online 7.3 release in October, 2019.

Thanks for sharing your concern.

Aziza

0 Kudos
Greg_Mattis
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Aziza,

Do you know when it will be fixed in ArcGIS Enterprise?

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Mattis, GISP
GIS Analyst
City of Visalia
0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi Greg,

It should be available in 10.8 release, which is expected to be released in early next year.

0 Kudos